Deadline: January 18, 2021
This year, the Wellcome Photography Prize is reconnoitering the human side of three urgent health challenges: mental health problems, infectious diseases, and global heating.
People of all ages, across the world, are affected by these challenges. But the intensity of their effects is not the same for all. But not all hopes are gone, People and communities around the world are coming up with inventive ways, full of positivity to manage mental health, control the spread of infections, and adapt to the local health risks of global heating.
Wellcome Photography Prize aspires to hear these voices, they want these ingenious stories to be shared and beheld. Submit your entries for free to either the single image or series category for one of the following themes:
- Managing Mental Health
- Fighting Infections
- Health in a Heating World
- The finalists of each category will receive £1,000.
- The single image and series winners will each receive £10,000.
Prizes will be presented at an awards ceremony in summer 2021. The winning and shortlisted entries will then go on show at a public exhibition in London.
If you’re a winner, you’ll also be offered a range of opportunities to showcase your work to different audiences. The winning images receive extensive international media coverage each year.
- Enter either the single image or series category for one of the following themes: Managing Mental Health, Fighting Infections or Health in a Heating World
- For single image categories, please submit one image per entry.
- For series categories, please submit between three to five images per entry.
- Each image can only be submitted once, into one category of the competition.
- Images must have been created after 31stDecember 2015.
- The competition is free to enter and you can submit as many images as you like.
- The story behind your images is as important as the images themselves.
Image makers will retain full copyright over their own work. Images may be used in the context of the prize (in exhibitions, promotions, publications and media coverage including social media) for three years.
For winning and shortlisted images only, ongoing permission is granted to use select images in the context of the prize and to support Wellcome’s broader charitable work. This is so that we can continue discussions about the health issues and stories to which the images relate.
Each entry must meet all competition terms and conditions.
The privacy statement explains how, and on what legal basis, they collect, store, and use your personal information.
Click here for more information