Deadline: February 1, 2021
The WISE Prize for Education recognizes an individual or a team for an outstanding contribution to education at any level. The WISE Prize Laureate is announced at the Opening Plenary Session of the global biennial summit and receives the WISE Prize for Education medal and $500,000 (US) cash fund dedicated to growing their initiative.
The Wise prize for education will only accept the nomination, thereby self-nomination will not be accepted. Potential candidates can be researchers, educators, policymakers, community leaders and can belong to any education sector. Nominees can be from any part of the world if the criteria laid down are met.
The WISE Prize for Education acknowledges an individual or a team for a notable contribution to education. The achievements of the nominated individual or team should have had a substantial and lasting impact on education at any level and should ascertain an inspiring and visionary approach. The nominee(s) should meet the following criteria:
- Commitment to Education: The nominees have demonstrated continuous dedication to addressing education challenge(s) locally or internationally
- Positive Systemic Innovation: the nominee(s) is a catalyst for systemic change by creating innovative solutions to local or international education challenge(s).
- Leadership: the vision of the nominee(s) is not only innovative but contextually challenges the status quo. The nominee(s) is the driving force behind the project/organization, not simply the director. The nominee has the energy and aspiration to continue growing the impact of his or her work.
- Sustainable Impact: the contribution of the nominee(s) generates a positive and sustainable impact in the lives of the targeted beneficiaries. Shortlisted nominee(s) must clearly outline how the WISE Prize for Education will optimize, grow and scale their impact.
- The nominators must be an individual and not an organisation
- The nominator should create an account and complete the nomination form available on the WISE online application system
- The nomination form should be completed in English. Any other language will not be considered.
- The nomination form should be submitted before the deadline as the system automatically closes by the timeline, and WISE does not accept nominations after the deadline, February 1, 2021.
- To prevent any accidental loss of information while completing the form, we encourage nominators to save at every step.
- The nominator should fill out all the required questions, the nomination cannot be submitted until all the required questions are completed.
- Each nomination requires two supporters; the two references should be individuals who have worked closely with the nominee from collaborating organizations, previous colleagues…etc. The WISE team will contact the supporters, the supporters SHOULD NOT send letters of the recommendation to WISE unless they are requested.
- WISE will contact the two supporters, kindly make sure that their details are up to date and correct.
- A confirmation email along with a PDF version of the nomination form will be sent to the nominator once the system has received the nomination.